Tuesday, September 8, 2015

To Race or Not to Race?

Back when I started this blog (2011?  I think), the whole thing was based on my journey into running, and my goal was to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  I was SO excited about it, and had started training.  I did 2 5k's and I was really loving running (even if I was doing more run/walk intervals than actual running).  Then, I ended up getting pregnant, and stopped running all together, because I was afraid that the stress on my body would put too much stress on the baby and I was worried about hurting the baby.

I ended up not getting back into running after the baby was born, like I had planned. And suddenly, here it is, 2 years later, and I still haven't gotten back into running.  I am trying to be more active, and lose some weight, but running just hasn't been on my radar.

My BFF just finished the Disneyland Half Marathon this weekend, and I am finding myself so incredibly jealous about it.  I look back at how determined I was to do the Princess Half Marathon before I got pregnant, and I am kind of sad that I never finished what I had started.

So, we started discussing the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and how we'd love to do it together in May of 2016.

The only problem is, we have been planning on starting to try and get pregnant with our second baby after our trip to Walt Disney World in October.

I know that it's absolutely possible to do a Half Marathon while pregnant, but it's not something that I want to do.  Especially because I am already not in shape or ready to do a half marathon.  So, now I am stuck with the decision - Do I put our baby plans on hold for another 6-8 months and train to do a half marathon?  Or do I put my half marathon plans on hold until we have another baby?

Why does life give us such hard decisions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment