Thursday, September 10, 2015

Starting Over

If you read my last post, you know that I have been debating on whether or not to put our baby plans on hold, in order to run a half marathon in May.  Cody and I sat down and had a serious heart to heart about it, and we decided that I will be putting my race plans on hold.  The race will always be there, but putting off baby plans can change the number of kids we have, and we both feel like now is the time to have another baby.  And if we were to wait, the option of having a third baby would be less likely, because we will both be older and we don't really want to have kids after we're 35.  

I am planning to start training now, and train as far into the pregnancy as I can, so that once the baby is born, it isn't so hard to get back on track and hopefully be able to do a race soon after!!  

So, yesterday I decided to start the Couch to 5K program again.  The first day is a 5 minute brisk warm up walk, then 1 minute running and 1.5 walking.  This was the first run that I'd be doing while pushing Ellie in the jogging stroller, so I was a bit nervous at how much harder it would be.  Surprisingly, it was quite easy! I bought the jogging stroller used, and wasn't quite sure how it would be to push while running.  I ran in the afternoon, and it was quite warm, but nothing too terrible. I was dripping sweat when I was done, though!  

I did a 17:17 minute mile, which isn't too bad, but not quite as fast as I need it to be.  But considering I walked much more than I ran, it makes sense. For a disney race, you need to train for a 15 minute mile, so that you can make budget in some time to stop for pictures and such.  

I am taking today off, since I am  having a Norwex party at my house tonight and my house was in major need of cleaning.  I plan on getting in Week 1 Day 2 tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment