Friday, September 18, 2015

Busy Busy Busy!!!!

Wow, has it been a busy week!!  I knew this week would be busy but I figured I'd still have some free time, and I'm finding that isn't true. 

My husband and I are in the process of opening a new restaurant.  It's a small sandwich shop, and we have been planning on doing a soft open (basically, opening the doors without actually telling anyone we were open) this weekend, Friday-Monday, and then taking Tuesday off and opening for real on Wednesday. Wednesday was the advertised opening date, so we figured the weekend would give us some practice before we (hopefully) get really busy Wednesday. 

Monday was the first day that we got all of the new employees together.  There is only 5, so we decided to do a team building day, and we took them out to one of our favorite sandwich shops, and then to Dave and Busters for some games.  It was a lot of fun and I feel like it really set a great dynamic for the team. 

Tuesday was spent trying to get the outside of the building cleaned up. The old tenant didn't do a great job at keeping up with the landscaping, so there were a lot of weeds to pull, and the whole place just needed a clean up.  Wednesday, I spent the day shopping.  We needed to get last minute stuff. A vacuum, some more wall décor, fruit bowl, baskets, pens, etc. Cody was at the restaurant, training the employees and prepping stuff like sauces, soups, portioning meats, etc.

Yesterday was more training, and around 6pm, we decided we were ready, and we opened the doors.  In about an hour, we did about 15 orders.  It was great practice for the cooks, and we got nothing but great feedback from everyone. It was great!

Yesterday was also our 4 year wedding anniversary!!  So, tonight, my parents are taking E for the night, and Cody and I are going to go out to dinner and a movie to celebrate.  And then, the weekend will be filled with more working! 

I am enjoying this whole process, but I feel like I really need to figure out a way to help out at the restaurant when needed, and be able to get my work outs in, all while making sure I am spending plenty of time with E.  I feel like I haven't seen her much, I miss her like crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment